Operator Assisted Available
The Zip Conferencing Newsletter - Tips, Tricks and Information
Operator Assisted Conference Calls - Zip Conferencing now offers conference calls that include a live operator that can help you control your conference.
- Q&A calls - Hold a Question and Answer session with a large number of participants. Our operators can control which participant is speaking to manage the flow of questions.
- Participant Lists - Know who attended your call by having our operators collect information as people join the conference. You will receive a list following the call with name and other information such as their affiliation if you desire.
- Communication with Hosts - The operators can maintain a private communication line with the Host to help manage the flow of the call.
Details regarding this service will appear on the web site shortly, but if you are interested in hosting a call in the near future or would simply like more details you can speak to a representative for more information at 866-704-2451 press 1.
Did You Know?
You can mute your line during the conference call using our system?
If you find yourself in a high noise situation you can use our system to mute your line so you don't interrupt the meeting. Use these easy commands on your telephone to control mute on your line during a conference call. Anyone can mute or unmute their line but Hosts can mute and unmute all participants. This is useful when there is a larger group meeting to control the noise in the call.
*6 Mutes or Unmutes your line (host and participants)
*96 Mutes all participant lines (host only)
*97 UnMutes all participants (host only)
As the host, remind your guests to press *6 to mute and unmute their line at anytime during the call. For complete silence, *96 will place all guests on mute. A guest can join the discussion by simply pressing *6 to unmute themselves. Lastly, direct your guests to not press ‘hold' on their telephone as this will play on-hold music and interrupt the meeting for the other guests. Should this occur, press *0 and our operators will take care of it for you right away.
FAQ of the Month
How many people can I have on a conference call?
With Zip Conferencing you can have up to 300 participants on a single conference call. If you plan on having more than 10 people in a conference call you should consider changing some of the default settings for the call. These settings are easily accessible through your conferencing Hub.
- Music on Hold - Change the settings to place participants on hold with music until the Host joins the call. This will reduce noise in the call before the Host joins.
- Silent Entry and Exit - Our conference calls play a tone when someone enters or exits the call which can get noisy with a large number of participants. You can make it silent entry and exit by changing this in conference options.
For more information on hosting a larger conference call please click here http://www.zipconferencing.com/kb/How-many-people-can-I-have-on-an-Audio-Conference-Call_1.html